Here you will find a list of the tools and resources that I use in most of my online businesses after having tried many alternatives. I hope you find them useful!
Create your web page or blog
You will need to create your own website both if you want to start a blog to turn it into an online business or if you prefer to generate passive income through affiliation.
Although they are fine as a simple logbook where you can write down your thoughts, the classic free platforms such as WordPress.com or Blogger have too many limitations to grow a digital project with guarantees.
The most popular alternative is to invest in a platform with more flexibility and benefits, buying a domain and hiring a hosting service . In addition, installing your blog is very simple thanks to tutorials like this . These are the resources you need to get started:
- Webempresa : Having tried a multitude of hostings to host my web pages, I remain without a doubt with Webempresa for its customer service team. Its managers answer super fast and most of the time they solve the problem themselves (especially Maria José, it is a pass), which is essential for people with as little technical knowledge as I live more calmly.
Note: if when you hire your Webempresa hosting you use the coupon “vidaonline25” (without quotes), you will get a 25% discount during the first year
- Namecheap : An ideal recorder for beginners. They are cheap and their system is very simple to use.
When you register with the hosting they usually give you the registration of your domain for a year, which is also an interesting option. However, some companies charge that price through the following annual renewals, so be sure before the cost of renewal.
To create the appearance of your website you will have to use a default theme (or program it yourself if you have the knowledge). Although there are many free themes, if you want to avoid problems I recommend that you invest in a paid one, so you make sure that it will be updated over time and that you have a technical support support.
- Genesis : I’ve been using Genesis since I started creating blogs and web pages in 2013 and I still don’t use any other. It is a platform that allows you to customize your design through a parent theme ( Genesis Framework ) and a wide variety of child themes (also called child themes ) such as Metro Pro , which I used in my beginnings. Although Genesis does not offer as many options as other payment issues, it is the most intuitive to use that I have tried and also has a particularly clean code that will make your website fast and optimized for SEO.
- Fiverr : Having an attractive logo that transmits the values of your online business is always advisable, and in Fiverr you can find graphic designers who will create a logo for your website following all your indications for less than 10 euros.
Creating an affiliate website is a relatively simple way to start earning your first euros online, and with work and perseverance it can become a machine to generate passive income. These are the essential tools.
- Google Keyword Planner : A free Google tool that shows you how many people search for a particular word or phrase; This way you can assess the potential traffic of your projects.
- Amazon Affiliates : There are many affiliate platforms, but my favorite for its ability to generate revenue is undoubtedly Amazon. Thanks to it you can earn money by recommending Amazon products to your web readers.
- Adsense : The Google ad platform is a good way to supplement your income through affiliation. By registering you can show ads on your website and earn money every time readers click on them.
- Ahrefs : If you want to take your keyword research and links to another level, Ahrefs is your tool. It is expensive, but it is one of the best investments you can make once you have a project that is generating money.
- SEMrush : the main competitor of Ahrefs. It does not have a database as large as Ahrefs, but in my experience it is more accurate to identify the keywords and content that generate traffic to a web page. They offer a 7-day trial period.
Create your online course
One of the best ways to build a solid online business is selling your knowledge through an online course. To do this you will need to upload your videos to the network, protect them with membership access and use a WordPress editor to create sales pages with all the necessary functions. The tools with which I build my online courses are these:
- Vimeo : If your course is going to consist of several videos, you will have to host them on a platform that allows you to configure them in private format and embed them on your website. Vimeo allows you to do all that for a fairly affordable price.
- Optimizepress : The best WordPress theme to create sales pages and the different sections of your online course. It contains a lot of useful functions and its editor is very intuitive.
- Memberpress : This is a payment plugin that will allow you to protect the contents of your course so that they are only available to customers. Although there are other free plugins, I stay with Memberpress for its simplicity and its customer service (again, something fundamental when problems appear).
One way to get the most out of your blog or affiliate page traffic is to create a mailing list of people interested in your topic. This way you can directly contact your subscribers to provide valuable information and commercial offers of interest.
- MailChimp : A really simple tool that will allow you to create a mailing list and send emails to a maximum of 2,000 subscribers for free. That is why it is ideal for those who are starting with an online project.
- Active Campaign : The next step after Mailchimp and the platform I use in all my projects. It is a paid service, but in return you can create all kinds of automations and segmentations to deliver the appropriate content only to the interested public.
- Thrive Leads : I am a big fan of most Thrive products, and this is without a doubt the best subscriber capture plugin I’ve used. With it you will create fully customizable subscription forms that you can then place anywhere on your website. And without needing to know anything about web design.
PS: several links are affiliate links, so if you decide to buy the product I will take a small commission at no additional cost to you . I only recommend tools that I use and that I consider the best quality-price options today, but do not feel obliged to buy it through the link and value what you really need before.